Is it possible that in the time span between my blogs, when there were moments I actually had some time to blog, but was unable to find a single thing to write about, that as I sit here, in reflection/ anticipation (not sure which) time itself has changed everything!
Part One: Good-bye Judy (my bootie)
For starters, I just looked at my profile picture. Time has certainly changed that. Well, maybe not time, maybe more like, I have changed that! Yes, I have lost a lot of "baby weight" or too much time on the couch weight, but, I am down 60 some odd pounds. People have been asking me to write a book, something really inspiring about it, my journey to finding my high school weight. LOL, well, I don't think I have enough material for a book, so here it is:
A lot of people around me started losing weight. I looked around and saw tons of other mommies who were skinny again. Most of all, I didn't actually see my reflection in the mirror the way it looked in pictures. I was turning 30, and my knees were hurting when I was carrying the kids up the stairs. So, I went in for a physical, and I came out with a new perspective.
I started keeping a food journal in the beginning. Taking note of things and times I ate without really realizing I had eaten. The girls fed me a lot! My husband brought me lots of dessert at night. I hated to waste food. The biggest motivator, my mom made a deal with me that if I hit a certain size, she would buy me a new wardrobe. That's good incentive!
When I figured out the triggers, and how many extra calories I was consuming, I set up monthly appointments with my doctor. He has been such a huge help, and holds me very accountable. So, every month, the weight just came off. I ate and eat everything the same as my family, but I eat portions that make sense, and I stop when I am full. I work out, at least 20 minutes, and I try to do it 5 days a week. But, I am realistic, I have been one busy mom, wife, teacher, friend. So beating myself up because I couldn't "work-out" in the traditional way didn't work for me.
It was my time to lose weight. I never consider it as dieting, and I never deprive myself of small temptations. So, yes, I have lost a lot of weight, but yes, I have more to lose. Either way, I feel so much better, and I think I look a lot better too.
What have I learned along the way?
For every one pound you weigh, there is 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. (No, I have no pain or cracking in my knees anymore)
People do not notice you have lost any weight, until you have lost like 15% of your beginning body weight. So, if you weigh 200 pounds, people won't really notice a significant weight loss until you are around 170. They will notice something "different" about you though.
It is still what is on the inside that matters the most...
Changes
-
Is it seriously October? As of today, I (we) have been married four months!
It's not 70 years like my grandparents will celebrate later this month, but
it ...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment