Is it possible that in the time span between my blogs, when there were moments I actually had some time to blog, but was unable to find a single thing to write about, that as I sit here, in reflection/ anticipation (not sure which) time itself has changed everything!
Part Three: A rose by any other name would still smell just as sweet, right?
So, I started out at CV, where I was Mrs. Tango. I learned so much. Cheri was a great teacher. I mean, imagine, me, teaching Accounting? Poms was its own lesson too. One I gladly say good-bye to. When you only know one place, or one experience, it is easy to see how you can be stuck in that place, and know that kind of happiness. I could have been a proud and happy Sabercat, and I know many teachers who are and who will be. If I am called back to Sabercat territory, my heart will smile. But for now, I am happy to see one member of Team R beginning his journey there. :-)
How fortunate for me to have two, back-to-back long term sub positions. Each one it's own unique chapter. Thornton was more than a welcoming friend, it was a place in my heart that changed and touched me for a lifetime. They called me Miss. Funny considering most of my students there actually had the ability to pronounce my last name. I saw a change in my students, and they certainly found their own unique little places in my heart. Now, thinking about my power couple, and knowing what lies ahead for them... It is their big opportunity to show everyone, just how much they can accomplish together. I cannot wait to see what their beautiful little girl!
I owe so much to my friends at Thornton, especially Brad. They let me borrow books (which ultimately landed me a future!) they covered for me, OFTEN. And they showed me a functioning, fun group and school environment, with kids whom my heart sought after in ways I never knew would be possible.
It was hard to leave them. It was hard to say good-bye. It was actually even a little scary to walk in to Chatfield. The kids, especially the seniors, so much fun! They were everything I knew the kids from CV would become someday. Deb, Chris, Aric, all of the staff, so welcoming. Tons of fun! But, more fun, was the most familiar face, Shi-town. Our after school talks, our study hall (how can you LOVE freshman?) No serious Shi-town, you are amazing! Thanks for your friendship, and your stories... I am holding out for the bald guy! I place my bets on that pathway, over the current hold-out, ANY DAY!
Wait, as a Charger, they called me, "Tango", except one student, he called me Mrs. Tangu, which I loved!
Chatfield was a prefect ending to a long school year. So the question remains; the next chapter? Naturally, I am all about happy endings!
Changes
-
Is it seriously October? As of today, I (we) have been married four months!
It's not 70 years like my grandparents will celebrate later this month, but
it ...
11 years ago
2 comments:
I asked for more blogging, and you answered my wishes. Thanks! Not only did I get one, but I got three!!! And I'm so proud to have been mentioned. Chatfield was great with you there. Who am I going to cry to next year? Gosh, I'm actually a little teary eyed right now after reading your blogs and thinking abou the past year. It's been tough. It's been fun. It's been expensive. It's been challenging. It's about broken me. But in the end, we're both stronger, better people because of our journey. Praise God for that!
I didn't see all these new posts...wow...you've been busy! Guess you had a lot built up! Thanks for the honorable mention ;-)
Post a Comment