About Me

Castle Rock, CO
Who I am depends on who you ask. I can be a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a teacher, but usually, most people call me a friend.

Monday, August 4, 2008

The Teacher's Prayer

I ate lunch with the Spicy Latina today. It was nice to spend some quality time together. She always knows when and what to say. Mr. Fix-It is running late, so he asks SL to help out with the kiddos until he arrives. I thought she left, but instead, as I had settled into the routine of highlights, lowlights and overall color, SL walks in. She put a card in my purse, told stories of an animal infultration in her life (that's a story for another day) and quietly exited.

I sat alone in my car, unsealing the gold sticker affixed on the purple envelope. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, she finds the perfect card. A beautiful silver bracelet falls into her lap. It's the words I needed to hear, she is more than a spicy Latina to me, she is my sister.

So, what is left? The bracelet, with the most precious words:

"Lord let me be a teacher of knowledge who will quide our youth and grant them the necessary understanding." Teacher's Prayer

Thank you for believing in the Percolator! You are one smurfy chick... :0)

1 comment:

chemmom said...

I hope it is okay I nominated you on my blog
http://chemmom.wordpress.com