About Me

Castle Rock, CO
Who I am depends on who you ask. I can be a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a teacher, but usually, most people call me a friend.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Reflection

Things were bad at church, it is hard to watch and grow through those kinds of things. I can see that God has His mighty hand in the situation, and the pain and loss of trust I feel will be healed in time. I have maintained my composure through it all, even making sure that the computers are in perfect working order, stuff is transferred over, blah, blah, blah. But truth be told, what choice did I have? Mari is attached to the building and the people in it. I expect to see a huge tranformation from the Holy spirit for those individuals who hurt me so deeply.

I would love to change churches, to go back to the Catholic church again. Maybe try out some different places. I know that when I was sitting at a funeral, in the very church Ernesto and I met, I looked around at those walls, the stained glass windows, the reverence and beauty. More than anything, it reminded me of a time when I felt so much love. God moved mountains, He opened doors and He created life once again in this old heart. That church holds something sacred for me. Was it my sign to return to the Catholic church? Or was it my reminder that church is about the relationship we carry with our Lord and not the flaws of the individuals who try and run it.

Time will tell, wounds will heal... Plus, my what mighty doors He has lovingly opened for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Courtney - sorry to hear about your struggles. I'll add to my prayers. Also, here is a link you might find interesting: http://googlinggod.blogspot.com/2009/01/returning-to-church.html

Hugs, Jenene